• 19 ports including 11 gigabit ports
• Powerful dual core CPU
• Advanced WeOS layer 2 functionality
• Low power consumption DC supply
• Highly configurable fault I/O contact
• Ultra-robust IP40 aluminum housing
• 303,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
• –40 to +70°C without ventilation holes
• Industrial and trackside type tested
• Simple web configuration with professional CLI
• Fast reconnect for multicast protocols
• Multiple network resilience solutions
RedFox is a high performance layer 2 industrial Ethernet switch designed for high network traffic applications, powered by WeOS, Westermo operating system.
Various port configurations are available that can be further customised with SFP transceivers.
The RedFox is designed for use in heavy duty industrial applications in its robust aluminium housing. Its wide power range and I/O fault contact make it ideal for easy installation and monitoring in industrial applications.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the RedFox an MTBF of 303,000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range –40 to +70°C (–40 to +158°F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes in the case. RedFox has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside application.
WeOS has been developed by Westermo to allow us to offer cross platform and future proof solutions. WeOS can deliver 20 ms ring recovery performance even for networks with video or EtherNet/IP traffic.For more WeOS functionality please see the WeOS datasheet.
Carl de Bruin